Community Management
Board Minutes
Meadows Encyclopedia
Map and
Sales Literature
& Resolutions
& Tenant

The Board of Directors

Table of Contents

Who is on the Board?

The Board consists of three elected Officers:
  • Robert Neary, President- (541) 752-eighteen sixty-two
  • Ike Ghozeil, Secretary
  • Maggie Wang, Treasurer
  •   You can also e-mail the Board through Fleming Properties.

    What does the Board do?

    The Board represents the owners and residents of The Meadows of Timberhill in all business dealings related to the running of the Community. The Board sets each year's budget, and approves expenditures for landscaping, utilities and maintenance for common areas, and business management services for the community. The Board also enforces the Conditions, Covenants, and Restrictions (CC&R) that govern appearance and other characteristics of the Meadows at Timberhill community.

    The Board meets periodically &emdash; usually every two months &emdash; to conduct business. We encourage owners and residents to attend so they have a feel for how the community is run. The Board also hosts an annual meeting for the owners, at which important general decision-making and information is conducted.

    In the case of architectural changes, the Board conducts Architectural Reviews to evaluate owners' requests for changes. These are discussed at the Board meetings, and the owner is welcome to join the discussion.

    The Board does not itself handle the day-to-day business of the community, such as billing owners for assessments, paying bills, liaising with landscapers and other contractors, and so on. For this, we have hired Fleming Properties who will usually be the first point of contact for owners and residents. For full details of what Fleming Properties does and how to contact them, visit the Community Management web page.

    How can I see next meeting's date and agenda?

    The date, time, and location of the next meeting is posted on the Home Page in the Next Board of Directors Meeting box.

    How can I see past Board decisions and meeting minutes?

    A running history of the Board can be found on the Board Minutes and Resolutions page, which is easily accessed via the left-hand menu on every page.

    When should I contact the Board?

    The Board is always happy to hear from residents and owners... we just don't want to be a delaying factor in getting urgent practical issues resolved. That said, most people contact the Board for the following sorts of things:

    • Requests to build fences or decks, or do other exterior changes that require Architectural Review Committee approval.
    • Questions about the budget.
    • Concerns about Common Areas (like pathways and greenbelts).
    • Questions about the CC&Rs or other policy issues.
    • Help with disputes between neighbors.

    How do I get Architectural Review Committee (ARC) permission?

    If you wish to make exterior changes to your home or grounds, you must get written permission from the Architectural Review Committee (ARC). This is because The Meadows at Timberhill is a planned community, with a predetermined "look" that gives The Meadows its unique and very pleasant appearance.

    Decks and rear-garden fences are the most common requests; most get approved, provided that they are aesthetically in keeping with The Meadows' theme, that they are safe and meet building codes, and that they don't encroach on common areas or neighbors' property.

    Some changes will not be approved. Examples include changing the exterior paint color of your house, converting your garage to another purpose by replacing the door with a wall, and replacing your lawn with other landscaping.

    To apply for ARC permission, download the ARC Form and print it. Fill it out, describing the changes that you wish to make in as much detail as possible. It is helpful if you check with your neighbors first, if there is any chance that they might object to your proposed changes.

    Send your application letter to: ARC, Meadows at Timberhill, PO Box 805, Albany OR 97321.

    The ARC will review your application, and will do any necessary research with CC&Rs, neighbors, and/or the City of Corvallis. The ARC will then present its findings at the next Board meeting for discussion and a final decision; you are encouraged to be there. Regardless, you will be notified of the decision by mail.

    Where does my Assessment money go?

    Owners are currently billed monthly for assessments or "association dues". This money is used as follows:

    1. Reserves: banked funds to cover future repainting and future repairs to roofs, streets, fences, and other HOA-owned property. This amount also includes replacing reserves that were used to cover an unusual spate of repairs in 2015 and 2016.
    2. Landscaping: routine mowing and trimming, sprinkler adjustments, backflow valve testing, shrub replacement, irrigation system repair, and so on. (The HOA's contracted landscapers maintain the common areas and also the front lawns of all homes.)
    3. Insurance: hazard and liability insurance for all the buildings, and for liability insurance for the common areas and for the Association itself (including the Board).
    4. Community Management: Fleming Properties, who keep the books, send monthly statements, liaise with owners and residents, maintain the HOA bank account, etc.
    5. Administration: licenses, taxes, required studies, website hosting, and miscellaneous Board expenses (Board members are not compensated).
    6. Building Maintenance: current-year repairs to the structures.
    7. Professional fees: independent financial reviews, reserve studies, and tax preparation.

    How can I see the Budget?

    The MTH fiscal year runs from January 1 to December 31. Budget documents can all be found on the Governing Documents page, accessed through the menu on the left side of the screen.